Our clients brand new Cancer Center marks a major step forward in treating cancer patients in their service area It serves as home base for hundreds of thousands of people to receive the best cancer care north of Milwaukee. The new center provides a full spectrum of care, including some of the most advanced cancer treatments and therapies available, all under one roof for the first time. Our team will continue to offer respectful, integrated care, including rural communities, but patients now have convenient access to the Cancer Center.
Details of the new Cancer Center include:
- Group and private spaces for infusions, depending on the patient’s state
- Some of the most advanced treatments and therapies available
- 84,000 square feet of cancer care
- Capacity to expand to meet future needs
- Built-in monitors to easily connect with anyone offsite, such as care providers and family members
- Peaceful green space featuring gardens, a walking trail and a water feature
- Collaborative workspaces for multiple specialists to communicate more easily
- Health & Wellness support services
- Infusion Chemotherapy and Radiation
- Manage 70+ FTEs including Advanced Practice Professionals and soon growing to close to 100!
They have retained our firm to help the locate the best Oncology/Hematology Management candidate in the market today.
Position Summary: The Manager, Hematology Oncology provides administrative and operations leadership of the cancer care program of a stand-alone, multi-faceted clinic or multiple satellite clinics of physician practices. Manages clinical team members to ensure quality patient care is performed to include the areas of oncology, hematology, infusion, research and support staff. Manages daily operations of the assigned program/area which includes all administrative, fiscal and clinical/technical activities to ensure high quality health care services. Responsibilities include on boarding new providers and staff to the practice, implementing fee schedules, coordinating patient flow, facilities planning and services, marketing, medical records, and practice operations. Works collaboratively with oncologists, the inter-professional team and the cancer leadership team to provide a continuum of patient care from prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and survivorship. Complies with federal, state, and local license requirements to maintain high level of quality standards. Develops departmental initiatives that focus on employee engagement, process improvement initiatives, patient satisfaction, and workplace safety.
- Seeks out opportunities to build relationships with providers, hospital and specialty peers, and other resources who can contribute to the success of service line initiatives.
- Assists in developing, implementing, monitoring, and revising program-specific guidelines essential to the achievement of service line initiatives and fostering program growth.
- Implements special projects as required which includes implementation of new systems, necessary construction and maintenance of facilities.
- Develops and monitors relationships with outside agencies and other departments; encourages community education by initiating participation in community events to promote awareness and enhance public relations.
- Manages and oversees the necessary inventory for the hematology/oncology clinics ensuring equipment and devices are well-maintained and set up properly.
- Assists with the implementation and marketing of comprehensive cancer care working with fiscal, administrative, clinical and medical teams to best meet the needs of communities.
- Participates in provider recruitment and supports on boarding and continuing medical education.
- Works closely with the providers developing business strategies, formulating budgets, and dealing with daily operations.
- Executes projects and changes in collaboration with the providers.
- Manages providers' daily schedules to ensure full utilization.
- Works collaboratively with physician and advance practice clinicians to optimize patient care
- Assists with fee analysis and surveys, and reviews recommendations with physicians.
- Demonstrates leadership skills by coordinating the daily activities of the clinic sites.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is required.
- Valid State of Wisconsin Registered Nurse Licensure is required.
- Prior ambulatory oncology clinic leadership experience required with sufficient progressively responsible, relevant experience in leadership positions, management and/or supervision. 3 years of oncology nursing experience is required.
Our client offers aggressive compensation, top shelf benefits and a wonderful community to live and practice medicine in!
For prompt and confidential consideration, please apply to the link below: