Strength, innovation, and progress through unity. Would you like to work for an organization where great minds with a passion for healing cancer patients unite and share best practices?
Our Client is the largest independent oncology practice nationwide and provides care to more patients with cancer than any other cancer care provider. Their prestigious organization pioneered the concept of community- based outpatient, multidisciplinary cancer centers and give local communities access to leading edge technology that was previously only available in larger metro areas.
Professionally greets and welcomes patients and their friends/family. Registers and schedules appointments for patients in a efficient and timely manner. Answers, screens, and directs all incoming calls to appropriate personnel relaying messages between patients and clinical staff. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards, and US Oncology*s Shared Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients and visitors to the clinic in a prompt, courteous and professional manner. Checks in patients and informs clinical staff of patient arrival.
- Provides and explains paperwork for the patient to complete prior to examination. Collects, proofs for completeness, and files patient forms. Updates demographics and insurance information in the system. Collects co-pays and balances; provides receipt.
- Answers, screens, and responds to routine questions, routes to appropriate personnel, or take thorough messages. Pages clinic personnel as appropriate. Communicates messages in an accurate and timely manner according to procedures.
- Checks patients out after examination. Schedules returning appointments in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines. Provides patients with appointment details such as time, location, directions, instruction sheets, and other details.
- Records patient cancellations and missed appointments; reschedules appointments. Notifies appropriate staff of the cancellation and makes note in patient chart.
- Provides general administrative support by filing charts and forms. Maintains lobby area in a neat and orderly manner. Maintains a legible supply of forms and appropriate office supplies required for daily activities.
- Adheres to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPPA laws and guidelines with regards to patient*s records.
- Other duties as requested or assigned. May type memos and forms.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some receptionist or office experience preferred. Proficiency with computer systems and MicroSoft (Outlook, Office Word, and Excel) required.
- Demonstrates Adaptability: Handles day to day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities; demonstrates flexibility.
- Shows Work Commitment: Sets high standards of performance and works efficiently to achieve them.
- Commits to Quality: Emphasizes the need to deliver quality products and/or services.
- Bilingual Spanish Required.
Our client offers an aggressive compensation package and an opportunity to work in one of El Centro's best environments!
For prompt and confidential consideration, please apply to the link below: